1. Learn that supporting your local economy makes you feel good.
2. Understand what the messages behind sustainable agriculture, organic farming, and healthy living really mean.
3. Find out how your food is grown and how it gets to you.
4. Uncover new-to-you, local ingredients that can spice up your recipe box.
5. Identify challenges to buying local and learn ways to overcome them.
6. Compare the difference in taste between local and conventional foods.
7. Realize the nutritional benefits found in local foods but not in processed foods.
8. Spot new places to shop for great food and meet new people to buy from.
9. Become aware of who grows your food and what it means to them to be a food producer.
10. Have Fun! Learning about and trying new foods can be a wonderful experience.
Add comment July 4th, 2008